Cygwin rsync to RH rsync server

Chuck Wolber chuckw at quantumlinux.com
Fri Jun 23 14:45:33 GMT 2006

On Fri, 23 Jun 2006, Jason Staudenmayer wrote:

> So you have it working with cygwin(svr) to cygwin(cli) transfers but not
> linux(svr) to cygwin(cli)

No, we have it working where we have to set up a tunnel (via ssh) to the
cygwin machine and then set up rsync as a daemon with paths pre-specified
in rsyncd.conf. We want it to work where we can connect to the cygwin sshd
service from a linux machine and start rsyncing an arbitrary path.

..Chuck..

--
http://www.quantumlinux.com
 Quantum Linux Laboratories, LLC.

 "The measure of the restoration lies in the extent to which we apply
  social values more noble than mere monetary profit." - FDR