Partial transferred files useless at resume, compare-dir can help ?

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Tue Jun 13 21:31:20 GMT 2006

On Wed, 2006-06-14 at 00:21 +0300, Constantin Teodorescu wrote:
> This is EXACTLY what I wanted , and tried for the first time , like in
> the manual  but no ... it's behaviour is not changed at all ! :-(

I tested --partial-dir on my computer, and when I kill rsync manually by
pressing Ctrl-C, the behavior is as I said.

Rsync needs to be aware that the connection has dropped in order to
clean up after itself and store the partial file.  Maybe it is waiting
forever to read data from the connection.  If so, you might be able to
fix the problem by passing a --timeout.  If that doesn't help, please
strace the remote rsync by passing
	--rsync-path="strace -f -o rsync.log rsync"
and inspecting rsync.log on the remote machine afterwards.

Matt