Two(?) bugs in the xattrs patch

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 00:22:49 GMT 2006

On Fri, 2006-06-09 at 23:27 -0400, Jay Fenlason wrote:
> I recently found a bug in the xattrs patch, where it would apply the
> wrong xattrs to some files in a transfer.  While looking at the code,
> I think I found another one (it sure looks wrong, but I haven't
> figured out how to demonstrate it yet).  [...]

Good; that would explain why rsync's extended attribute preservation
behaved so strangely.  However, Wayne and I made major changes to
acls.diff since 2.6.8, and it appears that Wayne made corresponding
changes to xattrs.diff; thus neither hunk applies to the xattrs.diff
currently in CVS.  Does either bug still exist in the current
xattrs.diff?

Maybe someone should write a test case for xattr preservation.

Matt