Problem with accent

schlippp at netscape.net schlippp at netscape.net
Sun Jun 11 21:17:16 GMT 2006

Hi everyone,
I'm using rsync through rsnapshot. My configuration is the fellowing:

- A Linksys NSLU2 running Unslung 6.8 with an external hard drive
formated with EXT3. This device is running rsnapshot.
- An OS X box that is running OS 10.4 with a HFS formated drive.

The fact:
-When I use samba to acces the hard drive from the OS X box, I've no
problems with the accent, that is I see the same name for a copied file
from the local hard drive or from the share on the NSLU2.
-When I backup my file through the use of rsnapshot and acces them
later via samba, I see glitches on the name of my accentuated file.
Example: Original file name on OS X = "Rome Pâques 05", name of the
file once backuped = "Rome Pa?éques 05".

Can someone explain me how to solve this problem and to finally gain
consistency among my files and backups.

Regards Jérôme