Rsync error on client end: unexpected tag 3 [sender]

Julian Pace Ross julian.paceross at gmail.com
Fri Jul 21 10:22:24 GMT 2006

Hi Wayne,

I am getting the "unexpected tag 3" error quite often when pushing using
2.6.8CVS on cygwin /WinXP
2.6.8CVS on Linux over SSH (no daemon).
The CVS version is pre tag-3.patch that you had posted.

I can compile with this patch on both sides (using cygwin on the client).
However from the previous mails it is not clear what is causing this and
whether the patch is required on the server, client or both. (The less I
need change at the moment the better).

Thanks
Julian