Rsync over samba mounts (bad file descriptor)

Wayne Swart Wayne at za24.com
Fri Jul 7 09:33:48 GMT 2006

Hi Tony

Thanks for the speedy reply.

Yes, the windows server is mounted on the BSD machine like you explained.

I don't really mind to preserve date / time stamps on the files, or permissions.

Surely there must be a way to get this to work.

Copying the whole folder (folder at a time) to the BSD machine, and then sync it to the Linux box works, but its very time consuming, and definitely not the way to do it.

Wayne