Max number of files to transfer

Bob Bagwill robert.bagwill at nist.gov
Thu Jul 6 17:59:54 GMT 2006

On Thu, 06 Jul 2006 12:53:30 -0400, Wayne Davison <wayned at samba.org> wrote:

> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 10:29:10AM +0200, Adrian Cooke wrote:
>> Is it possible to make rsync only transfer a maximum amount of files
>> at one time?
>
> No, that is not something that rsync supports.  It would be fairly easy
> to add such a check into the generator.c code, but I'm not presently
> inclined to include this in the regular release, so this would need to
> be something that you patch into your own version of rsync.

You probably already considered this, but you could also do something like this:

# mkdir /tmp/mystuff.rsync
# cd /mystuff && find . -print | ( cd /tmp/mystuff.rsync && split -l 50 - )
# for i in /tmp/mystuff.rsync/*
# do
# 	rsync -a --files-from=$i /mystuff/ remote:/mystuff/
# done
# rm -r /tmp/mystuff.rsync

--
Bob Bagwill