RSYNC + iNotify

Ryan Kather RDKath at Roushind.com
Tue Jan 31 21:24:36 GMT 2006

I'm looking for a way to continually monitor at least one but possibly multiple directories (and/or individual files).  I would like RSYNC to immediately synchronize the changes to said directory(ies) after they occur.  I believe the best approach for this would be to utilize iNotify enabled kernels and create a plugin for the RSYNC daemon.

However, before I begin the task of actually writing some code (with my poor abilities), I thought I would inquire if anyone else has already created this or something similar?  Am I over thinking this, or is there a better approach?  Is there a reason not to do this?

Thanks for any input..

Ryan