Can I disable socket, only enable ssh tunnel ?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Wed Jan 11 17:53:24 GMT 2006

On Wed, Jan 11, 2006 at 12:42:10AM +0800, Cauchy Song wrote:
> Can I disable socket, only enable ssh tunnel ?

(Your question is very cryptic, so I am left to guess what it means.)

If you have an rsync daemon running on a machine, try changing the
rsyncd.conf file to make it only allow connections from localhost:

hosts allow = 127.0.0.0/24

That will ensure that it can accept a tunneled connection from another
machine, but not a direct connection from another machine.