performance with >50GB files

René Rebe rene at exactcode.de
Tue Jan 10 20:02:14 GMT 2006

Hi Wayne,

On Tuesday 10 January 2006 20:29, you wrote:
> On Tue, Jan 10, 2006 at 07:46:19PM +0100, Ren? Rebe wrote:
> > of course the dual cpu ppc64 receiver is idling waiting for any data
> > to arrive.
>
> There is a known problem with really large numbers of blocks: the hash
> search algorithm gets too many collisions, and the search routine bogs
> down.  This sounds like what is happening to you.  Unfortunately, I can
> offer no suggestions for relief other than breaking up the file(s) into
> smaller parts.

Thanks for the response.

So far just increasing the block-size significantly (10-20MB) bumps the
speed by magnitudes into useful regions.

However I'm more interested in fixing bugs in the long-term. Is there any
plan to properly deal with this no such attempt to fix this?

Yours,

--
René Rebe - Rubensstr. 64 - 12157 Berlin (Europe / Germany)
            http://www.exactcode.de | http://www.t2-project.org