Occasional 'Permission denied'

Tim Boyer tim at denmantire.com
Sat Jan 7 15:22:57 GMT 2006

I've been running rsync for years, and it's working great - offsite backups,
backups to a SAN, etc.  It's a lifesaver.

Occasionally, I'm getting a very few files that give me something like the
following:

opendir(etc/gconf/gconf.xml.defaults/schemas/apps/panel/default_profiles):
Permission denied

delete_one: rmdir usr/src/linux-2.4.21-32.0.1.EL/arch/mips/ite-boards:
Permission denied

mkstemp usr/X11R6/man/man1/.twang.1.gz.wEaSYT failed: Permission denied

It's not many files, but since I'm running as root, I'm curious why there's a
problem creating/deleting/unlinking these files.  Anyone have any idea?

Thanks much,

--
tim boyer
tim at denmantire.com