Rsync help needed...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Tue Feb 28 15:45:20 GMT 2006

--
Matt McCutchen
hashproduct at verizon.net
http://hashproduct.metaesthetics.net/

//// **** lsk

 Matt I have strange results to report I transferred 300 oracle datafiles of
total 30 GB in size. Using the option " rsync -zv --no-whole-file --stats"
it took 1:15 min and using "rsync -cvz" options earlier had took 1:25 min so
there wasn't much time savings I thought it would be a big difference since
the files are there and only little is modified (header info) + additional
datafiles.

{{ Other info is I am running "rsync version 2.6.5  protocol version 29"  on
source and "rsync  version 2.5.2  protocol version 26" on destination server
}}

Also one more thing from the stats rsync has transferred few files more than
once "Number of files transferred: 2" Why is this so ?

Number of files: 1
Number of files transferred: 2
Total file size: 167780352 bytes
Total transferred file size: 335560704 bytes
Literal data: 67010560 bytes
Matched data: 268550144 bytes
File list size: 42
File list generation time: 0.001 seconds
File list transfer time: 0.000 seconds
Total bytes sent: 184089
Total bytes received: 254026

sent 184089 bytes  received 254026 bytes  2131.95 bytes/sec
total size is 167780352  speedup is 382.96

Thanks,
lsk.