Rsync with bwlimit

Reuben Pearse reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
Tue Feb 28 15:10:26 GMT 2006

Hi,

Here's one I sometimes use which limits the bandwidth to a maximum of 64k

rsync -avz --bwlimit=64 10.0.10.130::Backup /backupdir

--
Reuben Pearse
Principal Technical Consultant
reuben.pearse at pslconnect.com
T +44 121 428 4440   F +44 121 428 3454
PSL  The Old Sewing Factory  5a Greenfield Road  Harborne  Birmingham  B17
0ED

To find out more about our services please visit http://www.pslconnect.com

"redlotus72" <redlotus72 at yahoo.com>
Sent by: rsync-bounces+reuben=presence-systems.com at lists.samba.org
28/02/2006 13:03

rsync at samba.anu.edu.au
cc

Subject
Rsync with bwlimit

Hi,
Any one give me some sample code with bwlimit option.
what's is the std/ recommended value for this?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
confidential use of the above named recipient. If you are not the intended
recipient or person  responsible for delivering it to the intended
recipient, you have received this communication in error and must not
distribute or copy it.  Please accept the  sender's apologies, notify the
sender immediately by return e-mail and delete this communication. Thank
you.