Dynamic hash table size (with static has load)

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Feb 28 01:05:52 GMT 2006

On Sun, Feb 26, 2006 at 06:52:22PM -0800, Wayne Davison wrote:
> I want to be sure that it is in rock-solid shape first.

FYI, there was one bug I found in the patch that I fixed:  the gettag2()
macro needed to mask the s1 variable to generate a proper "tag" value.
I fixed this by just getting rid of that macro (since we always have the
full "sum" value available, it's not needed).  My latest version passed
my hash-finding tests and my code review, so I checked it onto the
trunk.  Anyone wanting to try it out can grab the latest "nightly" tar
file.