Rsync help needed...

Matt McCutchen hashproduct at verizon.net
Mon Feb 27 22:15:32 GMT 2006

On Mon, 2006-02-27 at 06:58 -0800, lsk wrote:
> Could you give an example with syntax for rsync using file
> option "--files-rom=FILE".

If my-list in the current directory contains
                b/c
                b/d
                b/d/e ,
then the command
                rsync -a src/ dest/ --files-from=my-list
copies
                src/a -> dest/a
                src/b -> dest/b
                src/b/c -> dest/b/c
                src/b/d -> dest/b/d
                src/b/d/e -> dest/b/d/e .
Rsync copies just those files and directories, preserving their
attributes.  It leaves alone any other files that might be in src/b,
src/b/d, dest/b, or dest/b/d; even if --delete is given, it does not
delete anything.  Search the man page for --files-from for more
information:
	http://rsync.samba.org/ftp/rsync/nightly/rsync.html
--
Matt McCutchen