rsync logging

Steve Sether steve at vellmont.com
Mon Feb 27 08:33:56 GMT 2006

--- Philippe BEAU <philippe at beau.nom.fr> wrote:
> I would like to know for each module i define in my rsyncd.conf (on my
> backup server side) if it is possible to have the transfer logging (host,
> ip address, ...) in my mysql server or in a separate log file for each
> module.

You can also use my patch for ODBC database logging.  It works quite nicely
under Linux with unixODBC, and I've been using it for almost 2 years now.
I use postgresql to log to, but I wrote it to work with MySQL as well.
It should work with other Unix like operating systems as long as you're using and
configure unixODBC (which is the ODBC manager the operating system uses).  I don't
know if it will work with other ODBC managers.  The patch is in the patches directory.