Rsync help needed...

lsk ellsatish at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 18:29:28 GMT 2006

Hello,

I was reading your posts about RSYNC. We have a massive Oracle schema lots
of datafiles about 750 GB size. We do rsync datafiles from source to target
server but everytime we cleanup the datafiles on the target server and do
rsync every 2 weeks. On the target side mostly the datafiles will be same
but on source we might have added few datafiles or made some changes in data
and as such the size of schema will increase every time since we add new
datafiles.

If we leave the old datafiles at the target end and rsync will it be faster
? What rysnc command we need to use without cleaning the old files so in the
old files only the changes will be copied and new files also needs to be
rsynced.

What is the rsync command to be used ?

Thanks,
lsk.