Rsyncd log file permission

Jonathan Chen -X (jonachen - The Armada Group, Inc. at Cisco) jonachen at cisco.com
Wed Feb 22 18:13:32 GMT 2006

Hi I am wondering if there is any way to change the file permission of
"rsync.log" and "rsyncd.lock" via rsyncd.conf.  Most likely the "lock"
file is not possible, but maybe the other file is possible.

The reason I am asking is because if I UserA runs rsync, then UserB
won't be able to write to rsync.log file since its owned by UserA and
readable only to UserB.   So I'm trying to make it writable by all when
performing a sync.

Is it possible to have....

log file  = /logs/cdersync/$USER.rsync.log
lock file = /logs/$USER.rsyncd.lock
??

>From current rsyncd.conf

log file  = /logs/cdersync/rsync.log
lock file = /logs/rsyncd.lock

-rw-r--r--    1 UserA GroupA    10399049 Feb 16 17:55 rsync.log
-rw-------    1 UserA GroupA           0 Dec 20 10:44 rsyncd.lock