exclude all but specifice files in dir

Harry Putnam reader at newsguy.com
Tue Feb 14 09:09:48 GMT 2006

How can I accomplish this:

Include
  ~/.kde*/some/deeper/path/bookmark.xml
But excldue all the other files under ~/.kde*

That is, I want only one file from this directory of dozens of files.

One of the examples given in man rsync appears to be about this
kind of problem:

                   One solution is to ask for all directories in
  the  hierarchy  to  be  included by using a single rule: "+ */" (put it
  somewhere before the "- *" rule).  Another solution is to add  specific
  include  rules  for  all  the parent dirs that need to be visited.  For
  instance, this set of rules works fine:

         + /some/
         + /some/path/
         + /some/path/this-file-is-found
         + /file-also-included
         - *

I come up with (in an exclude file)

  + /.kde*/
  + /.kde*/share/
  + /.kde*/share/apps/
  + /.kde*/share/apps/konqueror/
  + /.kde*/share/apps/konqueror/bookmarks.xml
  - /.kde*
  or
  /.kde* # since it is already an exclude file

But this does not have the desired effect.  I get a whole lot of files
under each subdirectory that I don't want.