Directory matching for hidden directories

Daniel Rawson Daniel.Rawson at asml.com
Wed Feb 8 16:29:40 GMT 2006

I'm seeing the following behavior:

- lib/		Excludes any directory named lib
- .hidden/	Appears to be ignored; .hidden and all sub-folders are transferred/deleted
- .hidden**	Excludes any directory named .hidden.

From my reading of the "FILTER RULES" section, I would expect the last two options to be equivalent.  Note that I'm doing this all with -n; I haven't done the actual transfer yet.

Full rsync options:
 -az --delete --ignore-errors --stats -e rsh  -n -v --exclude-from=file.exclude --rsync-path=/mypath/rsync

rsync is 2.6.6, platform is Solaris 8.

Thanks!

Dan
--
 * Dan Rawson             * ASML                          \_____/    *

--
The information contained in this communication and any attachments is confidential and may be privileged, and is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s). Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately by replying to this message and destroy all copies of this message and any attachments. ASML is neither liable for the proper and complete transmission of the information contained in this communication, nor for any delay in its receipt.