probbable generator hang bug in rsync

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Thu Feb 2 08:59:23 GMT 2006

On Mon, Oct 03, 2005 at 02:06:03PM -0500, Steve Sether wrote:
> select(4, NULL, [3], NULL, {60, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)
> select(4, NULL, [3], NULL, {60, 0})     = 0 (Timeout)

I checked in a fix for this problem: now when the receiver notices that
the socket is dead, it lets the generator know about it, and the
generator avoids trying to write any of the final error messages down
the socket (avoiding the hang).  Thanks for the strace, and sorry it
took me so long to get around to solving this.