no such file or directory - but hey, the files are there!

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Dec 26 03:10:34 GMT 2006

On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 05:33:14PM -0500, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> We have two options: document that rsync's behavior is undefined when
> given a path with a drive letter, or teach push_dir to handle such
> paths correctly on Cygwin.  I vote for the latter.

I don't.  Paths are only absolute if they begin with a slash -- there's
too much code that depends on this, and there's no need to make an
exception when the path can be represented as /cygdrive/u instead of u:
(as I mentioned in the first reply).  If someone releasing a cygwin
version wants to extend the P_PATH handling in loadparam.c to translate
a drive prefix into an absolute path, that would be easy enough to do.
But no normal file/dir-handling code should have anything to do with
drive letters.