no such file or directory - but hey, the files are there!

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Mon Dec 25 20:22:53 GMT 2006

Wayne Davison wrote:
> On Mon, Dec 25, 2006 at 02:40:47PM +0100, Tomasz Chmielewski wrote:
>> 2. But I don't need to copy the whole "/share/backup", all I really want
>> to transfer is "/share/backup/fileacl" - we change the rsync command
>> line accordingly:
>
> Why did you change the module name from "share" to "uDrive"?  That's why
> one command succeeds and one fails.  The uDrive module looks to have a
> bad path setting:  you can't use drive letters with rsync, so be sure to
> specify something like "/cygdrive/u" instead of "u:".

Ouch ouch, I didn't want to send the username to the list, but changed
it only in the first listing... Sorry for confusion.

So, once again, username and servername changed, the rest stays:

1. This one copies fine:

$ rsync  --partial --dry-run -a -v --progress
rsync://username@server/uDrive/backup /tmp
Password:
receiving file list ...
30 files to consider
backup/
backup/acls-c.bat.txt
backup/acls-e.bat.txt
backup/acls-f.bat.txt
backup/acls-g.bat.txt
backup/run-backup.bat
backup/xsrv-2006-11-11.bkf
backup/fileacl/
backup/fileacl/fileacl.exe
backup/fileacl/run-fileacl.bat
backup/shadow/
backup/shadow/CreateShadow.cmd
backup/shadow/RMTSHARE.EXE
backup/shadow/makeshadow.cmd
backup/shadow/vshadow.exe

2. This one fails - I only added one subdirectory ("fileacl", it exists
above and was copied fine):

$ rsync  --partial --dry-run -a -v --progress
rsync://username@server/uDrive/backup/fileacl /tmp
Password:
receiving file list ...
rsync: pop_dir "/cygdrive/c/WINDOWS/system32/u:" (in uDrive) failed: No
such file or directory (2)
rsync error: errors selecting input/output files, dirs (code 3) at
flist.c(1281) [sender=2.6.9]
rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (445 bytes received so far) [receiver]
rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(453)
[receiver=2.6.9]

Note that it should be successful, as the directory exists above in the
example 1, and did copy fine?

The config for the module name looks like below on the rsyncd server:

[uDrive]
	path = u:
	auth users = username
	secrets file = C:/rsyncd/rsyncd.secrets