_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=token.c, line=419): about to call exit(12)

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Sat Dec 16 19:28:27 GMT 2006

On 12/16/06, Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org> wrote:
> On Fri 15 Dec 2006, Matt McCutchen wrote:
> > The real problem is that, for some reason, the receiver fails to
> > decompress a compressed file chunk coming from the sender.  If you
>
> Are you sure? The receiver first gets an EPERM when trying to create the
> tmp file, I could understand it then not bothering to decompress a
> compressed file chunk... I could not, however, understand why the
> failure to uncompress would result in an EPERM errno.

The receiver decompresses the incoming file data in exactly the same
way whether or not it succeeds in creating the temporary file; the
only difference is whether the receiver writes the data to the
temporary file or discards it.  So I think the "Permission denied"
error is unrelated to the decompression error.  Furthermore, the
message that rsync is exiting refers to line 419 of token.c, which is
reached when there is a decompression error.  Thus, I reason that the
decompression error is the real problem.

Note: "Permission denied" is EACCES, not EPERM.

Matt