_exit_cleanup(code=12, file=token.c, line=419): about to call exit(12)

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Fri Dec 15 21:50:15 GMT 2006

On 12/15/06, jc.duss59 at laposte.net <jc.duss59 at laposte.net> wrote:
> rsync -avvvztog -e ssh /home/dps3/public/Lic*
> rsyncuser at 192.168.100.5:/home/Lic/ --include='*/'
> --include='*.lic' --exclude='*'
> [...]
> inflate returned -3 (271 bytes)
> recv_generator(Lic/file7260600401.lic,4420)
> rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at
> token.c(419) [receiver=2.6.9]
> [...]
> Have you got an idea on how to solve my problem?

The real problem is that, for some reason, the receiver fails to
decompress a compressed file chunk coming from the sender.  If you
have a certain file that triggers this error every time, there may be
a bug in rsync, and you could send the file to Wayne off-list for
further investigation.  You can work around the problem by not using
rsync-level compression (omit the -z option); if you like, you can use
ssh-level compression by passing -e "ssh -C".

Matt