rsync stuck after correctly sending the file

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Tue Dec 12 02:41:10 GMT 2006

On 11/30/06, Loïc Le Loarer <loic_leloarer at sdesigns.eu> wrote:
> I'm using rsync to replicate a cvs repository, it is working quite good
> except that I occassionnaly see rsync stucked after having transfered a
> file, it is always on a big ,v file containing multiple version of big
> binary file.
> [...]
> What else could I do to help debugging this issue ?

You've shown us the straces for two of the three processes: the
receiver (on the client) and the sender (on the server), but not the
generator (a second process on the client side).  As far as I can
tell, they are both doing what they should be doing: the receiver is
waiting for a file from the sender, which is waiting for data from the
generator.  We need to know what the generator is doing.  Could you
post its strace?

Matt