IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion

Master Abi master at lavacoms.com
Wed Dec 6 10:04:35 GMT 2006

Hi list,

I have a Windows server backing up to a Linux server that continuously
gets 'IO error encountered -- skipping file deletion' in the receiver
log file. Could someone enlighten me where and what this error is
referring to. I have tried various options, like using --delete or
--delete-during. Still the same problem.

Is it on the sender or receiver side, or a timeout encountered somewhere.

I am using 2.6.8.

Client: Windows with cwrsync
rsync -aqrz --delete-during --password-file=<..> "/cygdrive/c/........"
<Auth User>@host::acs

Server:
[acs]
path = /var/rbackup/acs