2.6.9 , problem with acl patch

david macosxforme at gmail.com
Mon Dec 4 21:46:57 GMT 2006

On Dec 4, 2006, at 4:25 PM, Wayne Davison wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 04, 2006 at 11:37:10AM +0400, Dmitry Melekhov wrote:
>> Internal error: wrong write used in receiver.
>
> If you google for this string, the very first item in the search
> results
> is this thread that has my reply (which contains a patch):
>
> http://www.mail-archive.com/rsync@lists.samba.org/msg17506.html

Looks like my initial question is ignored in place of Dmitry's. I
think the term is "hijacking a thread" but be that as it may:

When I did a search for the issue that I started this thread about,
it yielded nothing. Searched for both:
ACL_USER undeclared
acls.o error

= nada (apart from one post by someone failing to apply the patches
correctly, a non-sequitur in my case).

I just tried your updated patch for 2.6.9 with the following result:

patch -p1 <patches/newacl_xattr.diff
patching file flist.c
Hunk #1 FAILED at 998.
Hunk #2 FAILED at 1006.
patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line
Hunk #3 FAILED at 1021.
3 out of 3 hunks FAILED -- saving rejects to file flist.c.rej

I copied the text, converted to unix line-endings and saved it as
newacl_xattr.diff and applied it first alone, and then after having
done the existing patches according to instructions in the xattrs.diff

This could well be operator error (my mistake) but I'm not sure how
to proceed.