Can you explain me this behaviour please?

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Aug 12 16:26:09 GMT 2006

On Fri, Aug 11, 2006 at 05:55:38AM +0200, Klaus Löfflad wrote:
> I'm using Version 2.6.8-r2 on Gentoo.

Starting with 2.6.7, we began cleaning up a relative path of "/."
to "/" so that we could avoid a bug in an older rsync that sorted
that name incorrectly.  Unfortunately, this triggered a bug in the
exclude code where it started to exclude "/" (the root dir).  I
have just checked-in a fix for this.  I'd like to see your exclude
and include rules so that I could check to see if there are any
other problems.  I'd also need to know the name of a file that got
unexpectedly excluded.