2 way sync

GMail me at heyjay.com
Thu Aug 10 19:46:19 GMT 2006

Hi,

I'd like to do a 2 way sync between machines to mimick M$ offline
files.

In that, I want to sync a directory that exists on both my laptop and
server.  Such that,

Updates, if I update the file on my laptop, that newer file
will be pushed to the server, if I update a different file on the
server that file will be pushed to the laptop, if I update the same
file on both the laptop AND server, the older file is overwritten by
the newer file.

New files, are pushed to the box that does not contain the file

Deleted files, are removed from the machine that still has the file

I've been googling, but can't find out how to do it.  I did find
something called "unison" http://www.cis.upenn.edu/~bcpierce/unison/

Can someone shed some light on whether this is possible using rsync?

Thanks
Jay