Solaris ACL support

Matt McCutchen hashproduct+rsync at gmail.com
Thu Aug 10 12:53:21 GMT 2006

On 8/10/06, Yonah Russ <me at yonahruss.com> wrote:
> Can someone tell me exactly what is the status of Solaris ACL support?
> Has it been added to rsync? Is it only a patch? Is there any documentation?

ACL support in general is only an official patch, namely acls.diff.
However, it is a pretty good patch, and Solaris is one of the
operating systems that it supports.  If you want ACLs, apply the patch
and pass --enable-acl-support when you configure.  That gives you
observance of default ACLs when -p is disabled and an option -A,
--acls to preserve ACLs.  The man page is patched to document -A and
to discuss default ACLs under -p.  There is no
operating-system-specific documentation, nor are the details of how
ACLs are converted from one operating system to another documented,
but this shouldn't be a problem.

Matt