Backup Exchange mailboxes using rsync

Craig Hammond Craig at sbisolutions.com.au
Wed Aug 9 06:30:29 GMT 2006

I do an offline copy of the exchange database, but (as you indicated) as
it can be tricky to use on another server, as seconday backup I use
EXMERGE to extract everyones mailbox to a PST file. I then rsync the PST
files.

It has some limitations, but it works ok as a secondary backup.

I've used EXMERGE on Exchange 2000 & 2003. Not sure if it works with
5.5, but it might.

Craig.