code 12 error when specifying files

Erik Jacobs erik.jacobs at crystalcc.com
Thu Aug 3 14:34:17 GMT 2006

Paul,

I think the question is why he doesn't get a directory list for

rsync remote::users/grp012/12/nhruby/public_html/

The CORE question really is:

How do you make rsync transfer the contents of a single directory without
recursing and without using wildcards in the SRC expression (with or without
using --include and --exclude options)

Do you need to create a module that exists above the folder you really want
and then simply transfer the whole folder?

Unfortunately, even this doesn't work, as you need to specify a wildcard or
recursion in order to move the folder or its contents.

I am beginning to think that I will have to rsync the whole tree and then
locally remove all of the files and folders that I don't want...

-Erik