code 12 error when specifying files

nathan r. hruby nhruby at uga.edu
Thu Aug 3 13:23:12 GMT 2006

On Thu, 3 Aug 2006, Paul Slootman wrote:

> On Thu 03 Aug 2006, nathan r. hruby wrote:
>>
>> I have to agree, I see the same behavior when using rsyncd transport
>> instead of ssh transport (as Erik is): trailing slashes seem to be
>> ignored, and instead of directory contents, you get the directory name.
>
>> From the manpage:
>
>    Note also that host and module references don't require a trailing
>    slash to copy the  contents  of  the  default directory.
>
> So in this case the trailing slash wouldn't make a difference.

In my case I'm not grabbing the default directory of a module, but a
subdirectory of it.

For example, for module x with path set to /home, tying to sync the
contents of "server::home/user1/public_html/" yields me the directory
public_html, the the files within it.

Is that the correct behavior?

> You don't mention what versions of rsync are involved...

rsync 2.6.8 / AIX 4.3.2 on the sender side, rsync 2.6.3 / RHEL4.3 on the
receiver

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby at uga.edu>
uga enterprise information technology services
core services  support