code 12 error when specifying files

Erik Jacobs erik.jacobs at crystalcc.com
Thu Aug 3 12:42:53 GMT 2006

Paul,

Almost all permutations of trailing slashes and no trailing slashes seem to
produce the same results...

rsync --exclude="*" --include=".*" -Lputzogv user at node::folder/
/home/user/folder

skipping directory .
client: nothing to do

rsync --exclude="*" --include=".*" -Lputzogv user at node::folder/
/home/user/folder/

skipping directory .
client: nothing to do

rsync --exclude="*" --include=".*" -Lputzogv user at node::folder
/home/user/folder

client: nothing to do

It appears that, despite specifying files via include and exclude, rsync
still doesn't "really" know what files to be looking for...

For giggles I also tried re-specifying ".*" on the source, but that just
generated a code 12 error again...

argh.

-Erik