code 12 error when specifying files

Erik Jacobs erik.jacobs at crystalcc.com
Thu Aug 3 12:16:54 GMT 2006

Matt,

That works brilliantly, but I think I'm still doing something wrong.

rsync --exclude="*" --include=".*" -Lputzogv user at node::folder /home/user/folder

result:
client: nothing to do: perhaps you need to specify some filenames or the --recursive option?

I've also tried adding trailing slashes.

If I add the recursive option, it works, but I don't want to recurse -- I only want to look at the files in this folder... I guess I'm still a relative rsync newb... Specifying the wildcard (user at node::folder/.*) used to be the way to solve this problem... but I can't do that anymore because that's what's causing the problem in the first place...

Ideas?

-Erik