Problem on using rsync/cygwin

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Tue Apr 25 17:02:58 GMT 2006

On Tue, Apr 25, 2006 at 09:41:21AM +0800, ?????? wrote:
> it works but It can only transfer some files(maybe 10 files, maybe 20
> files), then the rsync client paused and dont show any more transfer.

This sounds like the cygwin problem with non-blocking pipes that has
been mentioned many times before.  I'd suggest checking on the cygwin
mailing list for signs of progress.  Make sure that you're using the
very latest cygwin version in your testing, and if that still fails,
you can fall back on using an rsync daemon instead of a remote shell
for the transfer (since this avoids the buggy pipe code in cygwin).