rsync error

Jordi de Groot degroot_jor at gva.es
Mon Apr 10 10:44:31 GMT 2006

hello,

It's the first time I post some thing in this forum. I am using rsync
over

Netware 6.5 to syncing 20 Novell servers. My wan conection is 2 Mb and I

run rsync at night when traffic is very low. I use the following
parameters:

rsincstp.ncf

sys:rsync/rsyncdn Rsync172.17.X.Y:873

rsyncstr.ncf

sys:rsync/rsyncst

sys:rsync/rsync    --progress --address=172.17.X.Y --port=873   --daemon

--config=sys:etc/rsyncd.conf

rsyncd.conf

uid = nobody

gid = nobody

max connections = 0

syslog facility = local5

# Change the pid file, log file, and motd as needed

pid file = SYS:/rsync/rsyncd.pid

log file = SYS:/rsync/rsyncd.log

motd file = SYS:/rsync/rsyncd.motd

# Set the timeout value to 1 hour (60 seconds * 60 minutes) for now

# this will affect all modules, or you can put it under each module

timeout = 3600

[BOMA]

        path = BACKUP:/rsync/BOMA

        comment = BOMA backup area

        read only = no

            use chroot = no

            timeout = 3600

            transfer logging = yes

It runs fine till the half of the operation, then hangs up with the

following errors.

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(1941)

rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at io.c(1898)

Any ideas on what may be causing this or how I can avoid this

error?