logging problems

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Sat Apr 8 16:18:16 GMT 2006

On Sat, Apr 08, 2006 at 11:08:25AM +0200, Julian Pace Ross wrote:
> Hi Wayne, yes indeed there is something output before the 'rsync allowed
> access...'

Ah, yes!  The functions client_addr() and client_name() will sometimes
output a log message.  I've relocated those calls, and now the nightly
tar file should finally work properly for you.

> The result is empty:
> Apr  8 10:46:23 mail rsyncd[30540]: logfile is:

That's to be expected because the early log messages initialized the
logfile before the config file had been read (but only in the 2 non-
forking use cases).

Thanks for your help!