Backup Windows to Linux with ACL

Tevfik Karagülle tevfik at itefix.no
Fri Apr 7 09:28:44 GMT 2006

Hi,

My apologies for not to include the man page in the zip file. I will fix it
very soon. In the meantime:

------ From updated rsync man page -----

-A, --acls
This option causes rsync to update the destination ACLs to be the same as
the source ACLs. This nonstandard option only works if the remote rsync also
supports it. --acls implies --perms. Note also that an optimization of the
ACL-sending protocol used by this version makes it incompatible with sending
files to an older ACL-enabled rsync unless you double the --acls option
(e.g. -AA). This doubling is not needed when pulling files from an older
rsync.

Two conditions must be met to see the results:

1. You should have an acl-patch enabled rsync at linux side.
2. Doubled -A is required if your acl-enabled linux rsync has an older
protocol.

Rgrds

Tev