how to tell what files changed?

Erik Neumann erikn at myphysicslab.com
Tue Apr 4 20:47:39 GMT 2006

I'm new to using rsync, so far it is working well.   But I want to
know what files rsync decided to transfer.  Using the -v option lists
every sub-folder of my directory and lots of files.
Is there any way to get rsync to report only on the changes it made
to the destination directory?
I'd like to know:
what files /directories were copied across
what files/ directories were deleted

perhaps I need to post-process the output to get this info?

I've tried the --stats and --progress switches but they don't seem to
help.

  (I'm on Mac OS X 10.4.6, using the pre-installed rsync).
Thanks for any help.
--erikn