rsyncd.secrets

Bob Hutchinson hutchlists at midwales.com
Mon Apr 3 19:54:14 GMT 2006

On Monday 03 Apr 2006 16:44, khabot wrote:
> hi all
> I have composed a script containing :
> rsync -avz -e ssh root at 10.78.0.107:/var/mail/ /var/mail
> --password-file=/etc/rsyncd.secrets
> but when I try to execute il it ask me for the password.
> how to do to avoid this and to consider the password in the
> 'rsyncd.secrets'

It is asking you for the password for unix user root at 10.78.0.107.
As you have one ':' in the rsync 'source' parameter it is not using the daemon
at all, but is making a ssh connection and running rsync through that tunnel.
This method does not use --password-file=/etc/rsyncd.secrets.

Have another good look at man rsync, it's all in there.

HTH