Return value ???

Judith Flo jflo at lsi.upc.edu
Thu Sep 29 09:59:53 GMT 2005

Excuse me,
The permissions of the destination directory are 600 (no
execution permissions neither for the user, nor the rest of users).
I don't use a script (i did but after got that error i did the
test without it)

As i said in the first message, the command is:

yoshi:~$ rsync -av sinc.sh -e "ssh -o ForwardX11=no -l yoshi_r" remote:.ssh/sinc2

Password:

building file list ... done

sent 78 bytes  received 20 bytes  28.00 bytes/sec

total size is 34665  speedup is 353.72

yoshi:~$ echo $?

0

That command has no effect in remote host (Remember that user has no
x permission in .ssh on remote side)

BUT, if i do:

yoshi:~$ rsync -avv sinc.sh -e "ssh -o ForwardX11=no -l yoshi_r" remote:.ssh/sinc2

opening connection using ssh -o ForwardX11=no -l yoshi_r remote rsync --server -vvlogDtpr . .ssh/sinc2

Password:

Password:

building file list ...

done

delta-transmission enabled

rsync: recv_generator: failed to stat "/home4/yoshi/.ssh/sinc2": Permission denied (13)

total: matches=0  tag_hits=0  false_alarms=0 data=0

sent 78 bytes  received 20 bytes  10.32 bytes/sec

total size is 34665  speedup is 353.72

rsync error: some files could not be transferred (code 23) at main.c(791)

yoshi:~$ echo $?

23