mirror combined with 7 day incremental backup

Wayne Davison wayned at samba.org
Mon Sep 19 16:16:13 GMT 2005

On Mon, Sep 19, 2005 at 10:49:30AM +0200, Paul Slootman wrote:
> Hmm, I don't understand what you mean with "7 days worth of inodes".

Sorry, my brain slipped a gear there.  The inodes are the files, so (as
you say) they are not duplicated.  The only extra space needed is for
the duplicated directory hierarchy and having all their contents
duplicated, which is a larger amount of space when using 7-days of
hard-linked files than it would be for creating just the 7-days of
changed/deleted files.