Rsync with OCFS (RAC)

Mahmood Majadly MAHMOODM at Amdocs.com
Mon Oct 31 09:13:46 GMT 2005

Hello All

We currently use rsync for various jobs at our company. We are now
looking at using it to create an offsite synchronized copy of an Oracle
10g
RAC archive logs area. The source area is on Oracle OCFS file system.

The OCFS filesystem requires all reads/writes to be performed with the
O_DIRECT option, thus bypassing cache. Oracle provide an updated
coreutils package which includes the --o_direct switch in cp, tar, dd
etc
to allow "normal" file operations on OCFS filesystems.

My question is, is there a facility to ensure rsync reads files in
O_DIRECT mode so that we can use it for this purpose?

Many Thanks

Regards,

Mahmood Majadly

Unix Team