Rsync over NFS mount sending whole files

Anban Mestry anbanm at gmail.com
Fri Oct 28 08:45:53 GMT 2005

Amazing. Connecting to the NFS server directly instead of through a
mount results in much better transfers. Thank you. It looks like just
the updated portions of the files are zoomed across.

A dumb question, but why? Does the rsync daemon on the server side
have anything to do with this? Or does the NFS client act as if the
mount is a "local" directory and tries to do read and writes just as
it would on disk?

Anyways, it works - so I'm happy.

Thanks again for your help
Anban.