rsync through multiple ssh hops with password authentication prompt

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Thu Oct 27 21:28:50 GMT 2005

Yes, your explanations are better. I will promote #2 to become #1, since
it is more likely the one that will work better in all situations.

Another thing is... if you can use "Method #2 Rsync SSH-es to target
using a proxy command that first SSH-es to middle" also with rsync
daemon servers, then: is there any possible advantage on the other three
methods? If not, can we remove everything but just Method #2 possible
with another example using a rsync daemon server? You know, I remember
some say about keeping things simple "something".

Cheers,
	Manuel.