how to change owner of dest.

Stuart Halliday StuartH at ecs-tech.com
Wed Oct 26 11:40:23 GMT 2005

> Paul Slootman wrote:

> You could setup an rsync server on the receiver, and set
>     uid = mary
> in the appropriate module.

Oh that's where I've been going wrong in my Rsync server.

I placed the uid= line at the very top of the file.

I assumed it would apply to all the modules.

I was wondering why I was getting some odd user id being applied to my backups. uid was 15015 bizarre or what?

But I've re-read the rsyncd.conf doc and it does say uid is a module option, not global.

Though why it's limited to just modules is a little odd.

But thanks for the pointer Paul. :-)