"-signs in rsync as well as in embedded ssh command

Peter van der Meer w.p.vandermeer at student.utwente.nl
Fri Oct 21 14:08:41 GMT 2005

Quoting Paul Slootman <paul at debian.org>:
> On Fri 21 Oct 2005, Peter van der Meer wrote:
> > Does anybody here has another suggestion?
>
> Yes:
>
>    rsync -e "ssh -o 'ProxyCommand corkscrew myhttpProxy 8080
> targetcomputer.domain 22'" testfile.txt targetcomputer.domain:receive

This also results in the following errormessage on my system:
 command-line: line 0: Bad configuration option: 'ProxyCommand
 rsync: connection unexpectedly closed (0 bytes received so far) [sender]
 rsync error: error in rsync protocol data stream (code 12) at io.c(420)

So I'm affraid it suffers from the same problem as when using \" for the options
for ssh.

Regards,
Peter