rsync through multiple ssh hops with password authentication prompt

Manuel López-Ibáñez manuellopezibanez at yahoo.es
Wed Oct 19 23:05:56 GMT 2005

Wow! Dude! This is the most comprehensive, user-friendly, nice,
knowledgeable answer I have ever received. Thanks very much! That
answers everything.

I understand completely that it's not rsync's job to handle ssh password
prompts, however, isn't it the first password prompt handled by rsync?
Why the other password prompts cannot be handled in a similar way? This
is jut curiosity, feel free to NOT answer if you are very busy.

Cheers,

	Manuel.